Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why I decided to get loc'd

I am lying awake in bed, and I thought that it would be a good idea to write down why I decided to get loc'd.  As I go through the journey to locland, I can look back on this and remember my purpose.  I should use this documentation process in more aspects of my life.  So here is my list in no particular order:


  • I've been natural for over 7 years, and I have never done much to my hair.  Wash and go fro, wash and go fro puff, twists a few times.
  • I'm ready for a hair change.  I am tired of having to re-fluff my fro every time I sit back on a chair (or my driver's seat).
  • I want to have some length to my hair, but I don't want a big fro.  It becomes a lot of hair to manage.  I thought about braid and extensions, but within a day, I ruled out those options.  I have never had fake hair in my head, ever, and I would like to continue that trend.
  • A year ago, I cut my hair really short to get rid of hair that had been burned in a bad press.  Prior to that, my biggest hang-up on locs was the end process.  I didn't want to have a real short cut once I decided to cut my locs.  After that cut, I realized that I could handle it and still be FIERCE. :)

  • I have seen some gorgeous locs out on the web (I don't know the original source of the pictures, so I am unable to cite it).


The list probably is not comprehensive, but these are definitely the biggest factors in my decision.

Be blessed,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment