Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Co-workers + first Post-Loc Workout

I began the morning by doing some floor ab exercises as well as some on a large stability ball.  I have some ab DVDs, but I like the convenience of hitting the mat and getting moving.  After the ab work, I hit the treadmill for a very short period of time (10 minutes).  I am in the process of getting my stamina back up.  I want to do some workout everyday, so today is just the first step of many to come (God willing).

At work, the reception to my hair was pretty good.  I received a lot of compliments.  I had a few co-workers not recognize me.  I am the only Black woman that works on my floor, and I am just one of a few Black women in the building.  As with all, you have to take the good with the bad, so here are a few of the comments that I received today:


  • At least your head looks smaller (in comparison to my wash 'n go 'fro)
  • Why do you want to do that to your hair?  It looks so beautiful now.  It looks healthy and feminine (I guess locs are an un-lady-like style.
  • How do you clean it?  My response was very carefully.  Anything else would have possible jeopardized our friendship
All in all, the reception by my co-workers and my friends/family of my new journey was really good.

Be blessed,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment